3.29.2003

See the advertisement above? (Actually, you might not, since it comes and goes.) There's a small irony here. I just noticed that the ad at the top of my blog says, "Define Libertarian: Come learn about libertarian ideas at a free summer student seminar." It's posted by the Institute for Humane Studies. I went to an IHS seminar for grad students a couple summers ago, and I've been recommending them to my friends ever since. I don't agree with a lot of what the IHS has to say, but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I'm still in touch with some of the students I met at that seminar. I think the IHS does wonderful things for the students who participate in its programs. I just wish there were more programs like it representing different political and philosophical perspectives.

No comments: